Frontend Software Developer
Melbourne (Remote OK)
Climate Resource is currently seeking a Front-end Software Developer who wants the opportunity to excel on a greenfield project.
We have an expanding client base of leading firms and global institutions. We’re looking for additional front-end software developer support to help us respond to our growing pipeline of work.
What will you do?
Assist in the design and development of a new set of interactive tools for assessing climate impacts Build great products that are beautiful, simple, and delightful Continuously iterate and improve using direct user feedbacks and best industry practices Proactively make suggestions for improving our products and internal processes Work closely with the backend team of developers and researchers to help bring the latest climate change research to the general public Build documentation and examples for the products you work on
What are we looking for?
We are seeking someone with:
- Proficient in front-end design and development, preferably using React
- A solid understanding of design and CSS and an attention to detail. Experience with figma and tailwind would be a plus
- Previous experience working in small, fast paced teams would be preferable
- A passion for learning more about the earth system and climate change
- A high level of motivation, who is, dependable and able to work independently
In addition, it would be great if you have any of the following:
- Experience in startups
- Experience with data-visualisation
- Experience working with researchers
Initially, this job is on a casual basis for up to three months. Depending on our success, a longer-term engagement might be possible. Employment location is in Melbourne, Australia, although you could be based anywhere in the world.